Sunday, October 20, 2013

Choreography/Improvisation Lesson Plan

By the end of this assignment I was very pleased with the lesson and excited to actually teach it! I never thought that I would be able to make such an interesting lesson in such a short amount of time. Hopefully others will find it just as interesting as I do, but more importantly hopefully my future students will find it even more interesting. I looked on the pbs website that was provided and chose a lesson on the Bill T Jones company. This lesson spoke about African American pride and demonstrated how black dancers and choreographers had to overcome so much not only in the dance world but in their private lives as well! Bill T Jones is a revolutionary dancer/choreographer that has recieved world renown fame and assisted on making monumental changes in the modern dance world. I would introduce Jones' work during Black History Month because not only does he produce great dance works he also was in a bi-racial relationship for many years which also promotes the idea of acceptance of all ethnicities. One of Jones' work is an improvisation that takes place based off of 45 shapes. I would introduce these shapes on the smart board because they can be shown to scale and will help with accurateness. Students will be able to use the smart board to visualize the shapes and then translate them onto their own bodies. After meeting Bill T Jones and performing his work multiple times, I would share his beliefs on the importance of strictness of a specific shape and then the freeness and intelligence required for successful improvisation.


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnNK2baFHVzHdFpPMFFuemRlejdlU2J4b2NIRUt2WGc&usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment